How to relieve sinus pressure in ears: A sinus infection can cause ear pain, clogged ear, a pressure in the ear and temporary hearing loss. A sinus infection accrues when your nasal cavities become inflamed or swollen due to an allergic reaction or a virus. Ear pressure is a common sign related to sinus infections. If you can successfully relieve your sinus infection then you can reduce ear pressure, pain in the ear and temporary hearing loss associated with the condition. So in this article, we will discuss how to relieve sinus pressure naturally.
- 1 15 Home Remedies to Relieve Sinus Pressure
- 1.1 1. Use of Yawning and Water:
- 1.2 2. Relieve Pressure Using Valsalva Maneuver:
- 1.3 3. Use Warm Compress to Relieve Sinus Pressure in Ears Naturally:
- 1.4 4. Relieving Pressure by your Sleep Position:
- 1.5 5. Keep Your Head Up to Relieve Pressure Naturally:
- 1.6 6. Heat or Steam:
- 1.7 7. Use of Garlic, Olive Oil Massage and Onion:
- 1.8 8. Medications to Relieve Sinus Pressure in Ears:
- 1.9 9. Hot Water and Gargle:
- 1.10 10. Use of Hydrogen Peroxide:
- 1.11 11. Olive Oil and Tea Tree Oil to Relieve Sinus Pressure in Ears:
- 1.12 12. Use of Apple Cider Vinegar and Glycerin:
- 1.13 13. Relieving Sinus Pressure in Ears using Humidifier and Nasal Decongestant:
- 1.14 14. How to Relieve Sinus Pressure using Turmeric Tea:
- 1.15 15. Relieving Sinus Pressure in Ears using these Easy Ways:
- 2 Conclusion:
15 Home Remedies to Relieve Sinus Pressure
1. Use of Yawning and Water:
Yawning or drinking water can help to relieve sinus pressure in ears by opening the Eustachian tubes, which balances the pressure between the external environment and the middle ear. Gulping water also helps to thin the secretion in the nasal passages, which makes it easier to flow and relieve pain in ear pressure.
2. Relieve Pressure Using Valsalva Maneuver:
This method can easily relieve sinus pressure in the ears. To perform Valsalva maneuver, First, close your mouth and hold your nostrils with fingers and take a deep breath. Now, exhale through your nose to balance the air pressure in your middle ear. You will receive a popping sound that shows the opening of the Eustachian tubes.
Also Read: How To Pop Your Ears When you Have a Cold
3. Use Warm Compress to Relieve Sinus Pressure in Ears Naturally:
In this method soak a cloth in hot water and then place it touching your ear, so that heat can helps to relieve sinus pressure in ears. Even, you can do the same by folding several paper towels together and use warm water to wet them and place them against your ear and cover the paper towels to relieve sinus pressure in ears.
4. Relieving Pressure by your Sleep Position:
Using the right or left lateral resting position is an excellent method to relieve sinus pressure in ears while sleeping. It includes lying down on your side with the affected ear facing upside. You can also move your body in the direction of the side of the cushion so that your head and shoulder stay on the bed.
5. Keep Your Head Up to Relieve Pressure Naturally:
An easy way to relieve sinus pressure in ears is to avoid bending your head down. Bending your head down can make the pressure feel worse. To avoid it use a couple of pillows to keep your head up.
6. Heat or Steam:
Taking a shower with hot water or standing in steam for 15 to 20 minutes or longer is an efficient way to decrees the painful feeling and relieve sinus pressure in ears.
7. Use of Garlic, Olive Oil Massage and Onion:
Garlic and olive oil massage nearby ear area can help relax the ache, relieve pressure build-up and help drainage. Onions are another effective method for relieving sinus pressure in ears. For that heat a chopped onion to the body temperature. Wrap heated onions in a cloth and apply it over the area of ears as a hot compress. You should make sure that you are using fresh onion in this method.
8. Medications to Relieve Sinus Pressure in Ears:
Medications may help to relieve sinus ear pressure in ears caused by nasal congestion or sinus infections. In this situation, you may be recommended to use Saline nasal sprays, which are made from a mixture of salt and water. That can also help to moisturize the area and relieve pressure in the sinuses.
9. Hot Water and Gargle:
Cleansing with hot salt water can help relieve ear pressure. For that add a teaspoon of salt to a glass of hot water and gargle it for 30-35 seconds, then spit it out. Do it frequently until you get ear pressure relief.
10. Use of Hydrogen Peroxide:
- This method worked efficiently and quickly and done only once.
- Take equal volume (1:1) of hydrogen peroxide and hot water in a cup.
- Lie down at ease and pour a few drops of this mixture into the affected ear.
- Once it did, turn your head and drain out the entire solution out.
11. Olive Oil and Tea Tree Oil to Relieve Sinus Pressure in Ears:
Olive oil can be effective in relieving sinus pressure in ears. Put few drops of olive oil on the affected area of ears and stay it for 5 to 10 minutes and after that remove it with softening the material. Do it once or twice in a day.
It is a simple home remedy which helps to relieve sinus pressure in ears. Add a few drops of tea tree oil to boiling water and mix well. Place your affected ear over the steam of mixture and the steam will help in relieving pain.
12. Use of Apple Cider Vinegar and Glycerin:
Stir apple cider vinegar and rubbing alcohol in equal volume. Tilt your head and put few drop of this mixture in the affected ear. Stay it for few minutes and remove it with a cotton bud. Do this process once in a day to relieve sinus pressure in ears.
Take a few drops of glycerin and stir well in half cup of warm water. Put two to three drop of mixture in affected ear with the dropper. Let the suspension stand for 10 minutes and then drain it.
13. Relieving Sinus Pressure in Ears using Humidifier and Nasal Decongestant:
If the climate is dry, use a humidifier. It can help keep your nasal cavities from getting dry and How to relieve sinus pressure in ears. You need to make sure that you clean humidifier regularly.
Take 1/2 teaspoon of non-iodized salt and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in one cup of hot sterilized water. Put few drop of this mixture in your nose. Once the solution drains, blow your nose. Do it at every hour till you get relieve sinus pressure in ears.
14. How to Relieve Sinus Pressure using Turmeric Tea:
A compound named Cur-cumin is present in turmeric, which is known for antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Take four cups of water and boil it. Next, add a teaspoon of turmeric powder, and boil for approx. 10 minutes. Strain and drink up. You can add pepper and hone to enhance its taste.
Also Read: Pain in Back of Head at Base of Skull
15. Relieving Sinus Pressure in Ears using these Easy Ways:
- Pinch your nose and blow to pop your ears.
- Tilt your head to the side of the affected ear and hop slowly and steadily for few minutes.
- Try moistening your nasal passage or using a Neti pot.
- Put your finger to ear and try to generate a vacuum.
- Inhale steam using hot water and towel.
- Use earplugs to filter the air pressure changes.
That’s all. So we recently discussed the methods or home remedies of how to relieve sinus pressure in ears. After reading the article thoroughly, you will surely get your suitable method. If you have any doubt regarding sinus pressure in ears, you can ask us via comment box. If you like it, then share with all the people who are suffering from sinus pressure in ears. We welcome your suggestions for improvement. Thank you.